On December 3, 2011, Golden Openings partnered with the City of Cutler Bay, Florida to set a World Record for the longest ribbon cutting as the city opened "Lakes by the Bay Park". It was an amazing day which saw the entire community come together to participate in the opening. 750 residents each held a section of the ribbon in celebration of their new park. With helicopters hovering and the news media filming, city officials and distinguished guests formally cut the ribbon!
- A 4.5 mile ribbon was created for the event
- 750 people were required to hold the ribbon as it encircled the park and weaved through the athletic fields
- The old record was 4.19 miles set in the German city of Schwabisch Hall on March 31, 2011
- The event will be in the Guinness Book of World Records
- The new park will feature...
- State-of-the-art lighted football/soccer fields
- Baseball/softball fields
- A 1/2 mile walking path with exercise stations
- Restrooms, concession stand and kids playground